Thursday, May 17, 2012

Textile Thursdays!

Liberty of London!


Today's textile comes from Liberty of London.  I so admire their history and dedication to the craft of textiles, luxury, and inspirational design. Arthur Liberty basically traveled the world looking for inspiration for beautiful things, and eventually said "Hey, I can do this myself", and in 1874 created Liberty of London fabrics and home wares with an emphasis on luxury, and inspired from the things he found on his travels. The history is pretty amazing and you can read the full story here.  

I chose a piece that has always inspired me with its bright bold colors, and beautiful contrast. I'm taking a liking to florals once again, not swayed by the notion that they can only be for 1990's little girls bedding.

Edenham E Tana Lawn, Liberty Art Fabrics, 1994
Beautiful! Were seeing this idea creep up in everything from blazers to loafers, to cropped pants this season- loving it.


In other news, we leave for California in less than a week! I am (so) excited. Nothing says vacation like working 6 days in a row then leaving on a jet plane. 

Have a lovely day!

xoxo,
M-A

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just LOVE Liberty of London! So fun and playful. They collaborated with Doc Martin and made a boot of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete