Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm back. With a baby.

Well, it's been a while since my last post. So much has happened since then, one of the biggest being that we have a new member of our family- Rowan David.
We are so in love, and he is a miracle. I'm not one for sharing birth stories publicly, but I'd be happy to share if you want to know. Long story short, The Lord was with us during this whole pregnancy and birth. At 33 weeks, I found out I had high blood pressure, and that took me from a care free, healthy pregnancy, to bed rest, quitting work, twice weekly tests, multiple rounds of lab work, and praying every second that my baby boy would be okay. They were worried that my high blood pressure would turn into preeclampsia, a serious condition that is only cured by giving birth. Thankfully, it never did, but the doctors were incredible, and at 38 weeks, as I was having my morning coffee, I got a phone call from my doctor saying he needed to enter this world. He was born at 3:14am on Thursday October 11th at 5lbs, and perfectly healthy.

We are so thankful he is here, and as I listen to him wake in the other room, I can't imagine life before him.

Here's some pics. Needless to say, I've taken a few.








No comments:

Post a Comment