Thursday, May 10, 2012

Textile Thursdays

I am so excited to announce Textile Thursdays! As a textile artist, and enthusiast, I just can't help but fall in love with all things fiber related. Pattern, texture, and line have so much to do with the things that we use and experience in our everyday lives, and I find this journey to be pretty inspiring. Makes me want to own a floor loom. Le sigh.

Anywho, to start us off, I of course had to pick a print from my favorite textile mill, from my home state of Oregon- Pendleton Woolen Mills.  Pendleton has been inspiring us for more than 140 years (!), and has recently had a resurgence of young followers stemming both from vintage clothing, and Pendleton's newest venture- The Portland Collection. Which, if you haven't checked out their collection from last year, or their 2012 look book, you are doing yourself a serious disservice.

Today's textile is the Yellowstone National Park Blanket.

Classic. 
This beauty is part of their National Parks series, a series dedicated to America's National parks, that they've been doing since about 1900. Pretty cool, and pretty inspiring.


Have a wonderful Thursday!!

xoxo

M-A

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Mary-anne! I hope you keep posting regularly, I love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want one of these for my house in SB. I need more Northwestern wares in my So Cal abode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! Looking forward to Textile Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete